If you've been a long time follower of The Daily Hack, you might remember a hack I posted way back in 2006 called the Cheap Vodka Hack. The premise of the hack was to take the cheapest vodka you could find, run it through a Brita Filter a couple of times, and turn it into a palatable vodka that could rival even the most expensive brands. Well here's a little hack to turn your Brita filtered vodka -- I wouldn't suggest using any you filtered in 2006 (like you have any left, right!) -- into colorful, flavorful, Skittles vodka.
The fine folks over at the Mix That Drink site have written an excellent tutorial on how to infuse vodka with Skittles. This hack will allow you to not only add the brilliant colors of the Skittles to your booze, but the flavors as well. How is it done? Well, first let's start with a list of ingredients:
- One 1.75 liter bottle of vodka (I used Stoli - you don’t need the most expensive vodka, but do avoid the cheap ones)
- Five 8.5 ounce flasks or bottles
- One 1 pound bag of Skittles
- Five empty plastic water bottles
- A funnel
- Bowls for separating the Skittles into flavors
- A measuring cup (not pictured)
- Coffee filters or paper towels
To check out the whole hack and some Skittles vodka cocktail ideas, head on over to Mix That Drink.