If you are a coffee lover and want to enjoy the homemade coffee, have you owned the coffee maker at home? Normally, the homemade coffee lovers look for some kinds of coffee maker to make the coffee at their home. Among them, the Keurig coffee maker is often one of the most typical ones chosen by the connoisseur of coffee. From that, they can enjoy the original taste of the coffee they love.
However, one of the factors that can have impacts on the original taste of the coffee is the ways we maintain them. If we can preserve it well, the coffee can keep its taste perfectly. In contrast, it can lose the original one and the coffee you make will not make you satisfied.
Here are some tips that can help you protect your coffee from being affected by outside factors.
The ways to maintain the coffee
- After buying coffee, you should put it in a plastic or glass pot and seal it carefully. Besides, you should put it at the airy and cool places where are not humid and keep it away from the direct sunlight.
- You should not keep the coffee in the refrigerator because the coffee can be affected by the smell of the other food. If you do that, the coffee will lose its original taste.
- You also should not leave the coffee in its wraps and leave it too long after opening it. If not, this will make the coffee’s smell fly away.
- You do not leave the coffee in the coffee maker because the humidity of the air and the coffee maker will break your coffee’s smell. Therefore, the quality of the coffee you make will not be good as expected.
- With the made coffee, you should cover it carefully and put it in the refrigerator to use the next day. However, the coffee will not be tasty as you enjoy it right after you make.
Read more tips on saving coffee.
The ways to make the coffee by the coffee makers
Pay attention to the water you use to make the coffee
Nothing can affect the coffee’s quality more than the water which contains Clo or Flo. The coffee lovers often use the pure water or the bottled one to make the coffee. If you use the impure water, this will make the coffee lose its own taste.
The temperature of the water is also the thing that you need to concern. The ideal temperature is about 95-100 degrees Celsius. To warm up the coffee is not really effective because the coffee’s smell still fly away following the time regardless you want or not.
Do not “save” the coffee too much
The standard is about 2 coffee – spoons go with 200 ml water (you can add or subtract the coffee based on its type). You should not use a little coffee with a lot of water. This will make the coffee waterier and increase the bitterness.
Clean the coffee maker regularly
Every some weeks, you should clean the things containing the coffee and the grinder to eliminate the dust and the oil the coffee creates. At least once per month, you should wash your coffee maker with vinegar. Remember to wash carefully before you use it to make the coffee.
With the tips above, we hope that you can enjoy the homemade coffee without losing its original taste. We wish you always make the greatest coffee with the best coffee maker.